GUITAR ORCHESTRA 2018
One of the high-lights of 2018 is an international guitar ochestra project. It will conducted and rehearsed by Maestro Leo Brouwer. We invite all classical guitar professionals, students and advanced players from music schools around the world to join the orchestra. If you consider taking part also to guitar competition, don't worry: the schedules won't overlap so you can join both.
All players must be ready on stage with tuned guitars at given starting times.
• Mon 4.6. at 10 Registration opens (TGF info)
• Mon 4.6. at 11.00 Rehearsal for parts (Kamarimusiikkisali, Tampere Music Academy)
• Mon 4.6. at 13-17 Rehearsal 1
• Tue 5.6. at 15.45-18.15 Rehearsal 2
• Wed 6.6. at 9-12 Rehearsal 3
• Thu 7.6. at 14-17 Rehearsal 4
• Fri 8.6. at 14-17 General rehearsal 5
• Fri 8.6. at 19 concert
Location: Tampere Music Academy, F.E. Sillanpäänkatu 9
The official meeting of TGF is TGF Lounge at Tampere Music Academy. Special lunch package is available for all festival guests and orchestra players for 35 € (5 x lunch at the restaurant of Lounge. Luch tickets are available from TGF info located in TGF lounge.
INFO | CAFE | LUNCH
• Mon 4.6. @ 10-19 | Cafe 9-18 | Lunch 11-15
• Tue 5.6. @ 14-21 | Cafe 9-20 | Lunch 11-15
• Wed 6.6. @ 9-21 | Cafe 9-20 | Lunch 11-15
• Thu 7.6. @ 9-17 | Cafe 9-15.30 | Lunch 12-15
• Fri 8.6. @ 12-21 | Cafe 12-20 | Lunch 12-15
• Sat 9.6. @ 10-17 | Cafe 10-16.30 | Lunch 12-15
The concert is dedicated for Leo Brouwer and consist music exclusively by him.
• Solo and chamber music works by Brouwer
• Concerto Grosso (2017) for guitar orchestra (Euroopean premiere)
• Concierto de Tricastin (2008) for 2 guitar soloists ja guitar orchestra (Finnish premiere)
Conductor: Leo Brouwer (Cuba)
Soloists: Marco Tamayo (Austri/Cuba)) & Anabel Montesinos (Spain)
Orchestra: International Guitar Orchestra of Finland
For the concerts all the players are expected to dress in black.
Practicing the music
We will send you the parts soon after your registration. You may listen to the works and practice them with help of the these videos: