Sat 10 june 2017 • ACOUSTIC GUITAR FEVER
2nd day at the main venue of TGF 2017 starts with celebration for acoustic guitar. The Welsh Tornado Gareth Pearson plays intensive Fingerstyle guitar, whileas Yamandu Costa brings hot regards from Brazil with his 7-string guitar. Show & Dinner package's dinner is after the concert at Maestro Hall including Brazilian Afternoon (In touch with Yamandu Costa & Mika Kaurismäki + Movie Brasileirinho by Kaurismäki).
• 12.00 Tampere Guitar Show
• 13.30 Doors open to Sorsapuisto Hall
• 14.00 Showtime 1: Gareth Pearson (WAL)
• 15.30 Showtime 2: Yamandu Costa (BRA)
• After the concert the audience is asked to clear this venue due to the sound check of the evening concert.
• 17.00 Brazilian Afternoon & dinner at Maestro Hall (included to Show & Dinner ticket, available also separately)
GARETH PEARSON (WAL) • ACOUSTIC GUITAR
Showtime 14.00 (doors 13.30)
Gareth Pearson is referred to as “The Welsh Tornado” which is particularly appropriate, seeing as this special talent combines fingerstyle pyrotechnics, with explosive lead runs making Pearson one of the most exciting acoustic musicians gigging today. Gareth’s distinctive style can be heard through his creative and innovative arrangements of Michael Jackson, Radiohead and Bruno Mars to his own beautiful and often intricate original compositions. Drawing his playing style initially from influences such as Chet Atkins, Merle Travis, Jerry Reed and Tommy Emmanuel, he has developed a style that is both inspiring and entertaining.
With appearances throughout Europe and a growing reputation, Gareth was invited to perform at the 2008 Canadian Guitar Festival where he came to the attention of Candyrat Records. This lay the seed for Gareth to be the first UK guitarist to be signed by the label. On its release, Gareth’s debut album “Urban Echoes Vol 1” was selected by Acoustic Guitar editors and frequent contributors as one of the “Essential Acoustic Albums of 2010”. With Appearances at the 2009 Montreal Guitar Festival, USA and Worldwide tours and Guitar workshops, Gareth’s reputation as a performer and teacher is constantly growing.
"I really respect Gareth's abilities. He's a great young man and a great ambassador for the acoustic guitar". Tommy Emmanuel
YAMANDU COSTA (BRA) • Brazilian choro
Genre: Brazilian Choro
Virtuoso of Brasilian 7-string guitar and Choro is finally back to Finland! This super virtuoso is a must to see and hear live at least once in a lifetime. The suverenity of instrument combined with pieces varying from gentle moods to virtuotic flow make Yamandu Costa one of the worlds number one choro player in the world.
A: Show & Street food 69 € (Only in advance until June 7th). Includes Brazilian Afternoon with dinner at Maestro Hall starting at 17.00.
B: Normal ticket 32/28 € (at the door 35 €)
Prices include service fees. Unnumbered seats.
All seats are unnumbered. For groups and companies a table reservation is available on request. Online sales is closed one hour before the event. If there are still tickets available, they are sold solely at the TGF info at the door.
• Concert is with amplification.
• After the concert the theme continues with Brazilian Afternoon at a new Maestro Hall. This includes In touch with Yamandu Costa & Mika Kaurismäki and movie Brasileirinho by Mika Kaurismäki. Show & Dinner ticket include also a dinner.
• Gareth Pearson perform also at Midnight Guitar Cruise on Friday June 9th.
• Tampere Guitar Show is open at Sorsapuisto Hall on Friday from 18 and Saturday from 12. Free entrance.
• Official after party at Restaurant Telakka (limited seats - prebooking is strongly recommended)